Any person, irrespective of race, gender, culture, politics, religion and sexual orientation or HIV status can be admitted if he/shemeets the following admission criteria:
- Between 18 and 70 years of age;
- Selfmotivated toreceive treatment and rehabilitation and acknowledges that he/she has a problem;
- Able to understand Afrikaans and English and able to speak at least one of the two languages;
- Able to cognitively follow and understand theprogram;
- Absence of any serious or disrupting psychiatric pathology;
- Able to care for themselves;
- Willing to participate in all the facets of the treatmentprogram;
- Absence of criminal records and gang affiliation.
As part of the decisionmaking process, it is taken into consideration that Ramot has an obligation to create a therapeutic environment to the advantage of all their patients.